Tuesday, March 13, 2007

And So It Begins


So this is me, Krista, blogging. Many thought they'd never see the day...myself included. But because of the constant nagging from my friends(Pam) I thought I should give it a shot. I'm just kidding of course Pam– you know I love you! Be forewarned, though, that my life is exceedingly boring. Today, for instance, the most interesting thing about my life is the fact that it has snowed 6 inches in the last 12 hours. And can I just say that while I detest snow in almost every month of the year, (December is tolerable) I particularly hate it in March. It's wet and sticky and turns instantly to that thick brown sludge that forces my tires to spin like crazy. I know it will slow the entire city to a crawl for the next 2 days and then it will melt and turn every parking lot into a giant puddle. And because I live in Calgary, the city of ever changing weather, I know this will not be my last experience with my snowy nemesis this year. So there... I've said my piece about the snow.
Other than that I've been spending my days waiting. I wait for the phone to ring about a job. (I'm temping for those of you that don't know.) And I wait for the mail to come so I can find out if I have gotten into school for next fall. I'm hoping to be accepted into the Film and Video Production program at SAIT(Southern Alberta Institute of Technology). It's a difficult program to get into and I'm not sure what my chances are. There are only 28 spots available and several hundred applicants. So we shall see I guess... and I'll keep you posted.
I wish I had more interesting things to talk about but sadly, this is my life. I would much rather be swimming in the Dead Sea, or bobbing rather because you can't swim there unless you like for your eyes to burn out of their sockets. I don't recommend it. Stick with bobbing.

3 comments:

Sider Family said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Thought that it would be nice that I was your first comment seeing as I have been the one to bother you about starting one in the first place! You're hooked on MSN and now your a blogger... you never cease to amaze me!

Wish you were here!

Jaime's Blog said...

I second that welcome.. now we will know exactly what is going on in your life hahaha :) I should try and update mine sometime soon.. don't worry my life is just as boring !! :) Talk to you soon .

•J•O•A•N• said...

hooray! now we don't have to actually keep in touch! ;)
i'm glad that you started blogging. write often!