Sunday, March 18, 2007

I'm In!!!


It's official– I've been accepted into SAIT for next fall. I am SO excited! And relieved. I really had no idea what I would do if I didn't get in. Keep working and try again next year I guess. But I don't have to worry about that now. Yeah!!! Like I said, SO excited. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it. I'm going to apply for every grant and award I can find and work as much as possible between now and the end of August. I've had a couple of temp jobs in the last couple weeks. Nothing too exciting but it's work, which equals money which equals not living in a cardboard box on the street. So it's good. I'm working Monday to Wednesday this week with the possibility of longer, so hopefully that keeps up.

Yesterday was St. Paddy's Day for anyone who wasn't paying attention. My favorite day. Although this year I was less psychotic about it than I usually am(See photo). I didn't really decorate and I didn't wear all my paraphernalia– nail polish, sunglasses, hat, special nose ring, earrings,etc. I just wore my green shirt and shoes and my leprechaun socks– and some green eye shadow of course. I went to church last night though, so that was part of the reason for toning down the look. People are going to worship God– not look at the freak. I did go to Peter's Drive-in for a shamrock shake though. Mmmm... Peter's... For anyone who has never been there, you should go. So for anyone who doesn't live in Calgary I guess that gives you a reason to come visit me!!! Excellent!

3 comments:

Sider Family said...

You CRACK ME UP!! I can't believe that you put that picture of yourself on your site! Ha ha! Those were some good times... and I guess gives some indication of the "freak" people might be staring at instead of paying attention at Church.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy that you got into school!!!! I can't wait for you to pass all your movie/film knowledge onto me.

Jaime's Blog said...

CONGRATS !! that is soo exciting that you got in to school !! God is good:)

I wore my green shirt and shoes too... haha but you were always way more of a freek.. haha remember the time that we went out to take pictures with Christina ?? ahhahaha.. oh dear.. !!

Unknown said...

You are quite mad but thats why we love you !